BF1 Open Beta Feedback

General discussion about other FPS's, RPG's, you name it.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

greenhorn
XFire: tdcmatrix
Xbox Live: tdcmatrix

BF1 Open Beta Feedback

Postby Matrix » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:37 am

Hallo gents! Yes, I am still alive :laugh: I didn't see a BF1 Open Beta section so here we go.
What do you all think of it so far? I have read Tills post regarding a server. Will there be enough interest here to make that happen? How many here plan to get the game?

Please check out http://bf1stats.com/

You can monitor this for the initial interest in the beta.

King of CoH

Re: BF1 Open Beta Feedback

Postby Chevrolet » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm

I'll be getting the game. Unsure about paying more than $60 on day 1.

"big dick" lifetime achievement award
XFire: tilllindemann

Postby Till Lindemann » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:20 am

It's star wars battlelfront but ww1. Identical. It's a direct port to ww1 mechanics. As it stands, it is a no go, absolutely

Problems:

It's the Battlefront menu user interface. Squading up, choosing servers. It's confusing as fuck, even if you are already familiar with the Battlefront UI. If you haven't experienced it, imagine the Windows 8 tile interface for everything you do

Said interface has no "game" music volume separation. The system music overrides everything. A loud effects volume means a loud everything. Battlefront even has not changed this option still. You cannot hear a goddamn thing on ts. Extends into the game during round ends and so forth. Seriously, you can't hear anything and there is nothing you can do about it

You have to buy your upgrades with currency, just like hardline and Battlefront

Said upgrades so far look like not attachments like previous battlefields, but entirely different weapon spots. Example: rifle with scope, rifle without scope, rifle with medium zoom. No individual weapon changes.

For those that have experienced battlefront, the alpha didn't seem graphically identical. The beta map however is. Take the sand map and add tanks

Bullet drop is even more exaggerated compared to previous bf's. At least in my non sprayer playing observations

King of CoH

Postby Chevrolet » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 pm

I played the beta last night.

For a guy who has little history with Battlefield (only played #3), the game is an improvement. At times, I forgot I was playing a WW1 game, and not a WW2 game, until a horse or old tank passed by.

-Slower pace than Battlefield 3 (semi auto and inaccurate autos slow down engagements)
-Play style is determined by your class selection and engagements are often short-medium range vs. medium-long that I experienced in BF3. The one map had ample cover to avoid snipers camping on mountain sides, etc.
-Assault = WW2 sten/grease gun
-Medic = M1 Garand/Gewehr 44
-Support = Bren/BAR - inaccurate but can lay down a lot of fire
-Recon = bolt action scope
-No aim down iron sight toggle. i.e have to hold right click down. f'ing annoying

I don't hold any allegiance to franchise shooters (CoD or BF), but BF1 seems a notch better than the annual trash rolled out by EA and Activision. Ghosts, Black Ops, BF4, Hardline, etc.

I continue to be annoyed by the payment model of Battlefield. They force you to get the DLC map packs or all the servers will be cut off after the upgrade. I'm basically paying for 3 months of fun and then have to pass through a pay wall to continue to play the game.

For $60, the value isn't there. Probably fun gameplay for a few months.

greenhorn

Postby Phelom » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 pm

I agree with Chevrolet evaluation.

wet behind the ears

Postby Indy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:14 pm

-No aim down iron sight toggle. i.e have to hold right click down. f'ing annoying

Murph found were to set the toggle for aim down sight under "game play / advanced"

key bindings do work did not work the 1st time I tried they didn't work but they do now ??? :banghead:
[codeImage][/code]

greenhorn
XFire: tdcmatrix
Xbox Live: tdcmatrix

Postby Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:10 am

So who all got the game that said they would not up above.. :biglaugh:

The Princess of ax
Xbox Live: IaxI PanZ

Postby PanZ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:00 pm

I think we all have it now with all the sales on it there have been over the last few months.

Return to Other Games