Kill cam

General chat about Call of Duty 2, Anarchicmod 3.0, and our servers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

just drafted
XFire: destructionoverdrive

Kill cam

Postby 10001110101 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Years ago while playing in TWL I remember coming across info that kill cam wasn't precise in the COD engine at the time. Meaning players might not be exactly where they were shown to be, smoke might be absent, anti lag wouldn't be accounted for, etc. I seem to remember it made estimates based on something for some reason. I'm hoping someone out there remembers what I'm talking about and can refresh my memory on what the issues were. I'm mainly just curious because I can't find this sort of info readily anymore and I know it exists. I remember dealing with specific examples that got me unbanned because they relied on a kill cam and I had actual demo and the two didn't match up. Any input is appreciated.

Snack Master

Re: Kill cam

Postby Stevo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm

What is it that you are actually asking?
:headscratch:
If we had a Game Server, I would Administrate it... Dammit!
Rafterman wrote:If God gave you a penis, use the damn men's room.

Spawnorea
Location: In the land of Corn. ................. Nothing but freakin Corn.

Postby SpawnAlot » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:08 pm

10001110101 wrote: I remember dealing with specific examples that got me unbanned

Soooooooooo ............... where did you get banned from this time Binary??????? :D

From what I remember about it, was that the main reason it wasn't accurate was because it was being recorded on someone else's pc, and then they would use what was happening on their puter as proof. When in reality, what they saw on their puter, had nothing to do with what you as a player were seeing and doing on your puter. It doesn't work, as proof, because of the differences in computers. There are so many times I get shot and wonder wtf? But I also know that that persons puter is faster and better than mine, they are seeing things faster than my puter sees them.

Sorry, but I'm not sure where to find the info on this anymore. I'm thinking maybe "Slash and Bash". I'll hop in there and see if I can find anything.

Good to hear from ya 10001110101.
War does not decide who is right ..................... It decides who is left.

thousand yard stare
XFire: c2thet

Postby c2thet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:28 pm

I didn't read through this too much but maybe you'll find your answer here

just drafted
XFire: destructionoverdrive

Postby 10001110101 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Answering my own question here but through some trial and error I figured out there are some issues with kill cam. Specifically when smoke is enabled. I don't know if this is an extreme mod issue or if the stock game does the same as I didn't have a stock server to test. If you have both smoke and kill cam on at the same time when a smoke canister is deployed, then someone dies, then respawns, they no longer see the smoke. That was enough to get kill cam turned off on a couple of servers I play once I shared the info and demonstrated what was happening. I suspect other issues but not enough to try and track them down. Sorry to necro an old thread but I don't get by here as much as I use to.

Return to Call of Duty 2