4 days without a PC, how does it work ???

Talk about hardware, software, or computers in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

veteran
XFire: no
Xbox Live: no

4 days without a PC, how does it work ???

Postby SLIC 100 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 pm

A few days ago my MBR (master boot record) is shackled !! (Not to take it literally, it was very annoying). Have it repaired again. After that, unfortunately, why, a partition on one of my hard disks was broken. (The realization came later) This caused my PC no longer. So started in safe mode, nothing ran anymore. Everything the PC me at any time after insane sequences announced, was the following: error with a partition on the hard drive. My question was always: What has a partition to do when Windows starts? Answer: none.
After an update from Microsoft I noticed that the PC is very, very slowly shut down. Head shaking without end.
When booting up then the above mentioned problem. I have all input devices separated one after the other. Maybe something happened during the update from Microsoft. You come across the craziest ideas. Perhaps one of you knows !!!
You try everything out and is slowly crazy in your head. At the end of my wisdom I arrived at the internal hard drives. One after the other I switched off and finally found the error. One of my internal disks was broken. How and why ? no idea.
Since I have a lot to do with video editing and the hard drive is tirelessly working on it, she probably after about 3 years thought, I have no desire to work with you.

I then bought a new hard drive and installed. All my data I had backed up on an external hard drive. (That should make everyone)
With a back-up program I have then restored everything.
I have something like this happened for the first time and I am very glad that everything now works again.
Perhaps there is one of you similar experiences with his PC. If so, write it here in the forum.

Greeting SLIC

Spawnorea
Location: In the land of Corn. ................. Nothing but freakin Corn.

Re: 4 days without a PC, how does it work ???

Postby SpawnAlot » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Glad to here that you got everything back and everything worked out alright in the end Slic.

My puter has been working funky lately also, although I never allow a windows (microsoft) update, though I will pick and choose what parts, if any, I do want to update.
My 6 year old granddaughter will be on my puter every moment of the day until she is made to get off it. My sister is using it a lot now also, and until recently her computer knowledge had been; "well, you just type stuff in to it and it tells you stuff back doesn't it?". So there may be a correlation there.
So to that end ............................. I've started the shopping process of my new build.

As for yours, yes ........... it sounds like it's just a some-what common hard drive failure, and probably not related to anything else.

Just out of curiosity, what kind/type/brand of hard drives do you use?
War does not decide who is right ..................... It decides who is left.

veteran

Postby SLIC 100 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:34 am

Have now in my PC two SSD's of Samsung. On the new larger SSD I mirrored my Windows 7 from the 1st SSD.
(Samsung ssd 850 per 512gb)
My old hard drive (Seagate) I have replaced by 2 new Seagate FireCuda with a total volume of 4TB. The FireCuda is a hybrid hard disk. VERY VERY fast and durable.
==========================================================================================================================

Spawnorea
Location: In the land of Corn. ................. Nothing but freakin Corn.

Postby SpawnAlot » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm

O.k..
I love the Samsung SSD, I use and old 830 myself.
I had a bad experience with Seagate a long time ago. I know they have gotten a lot better, but I stick with Western Digital now and really prefer them, even thought they cost a bit more.
War does not decide who is right ..................... It decides who is left.

veteran

Postby SLIC 100 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 am

Your decision my friend :2thumbsup:

Return to Tech Talk